Monday, August 31, 2009

The Fall is back upon us...



It's the last day in August. The air is already chilled. The streets are quiet. I'm sitting here shifting weight in my seat while editing work recently shot, wondering why I feel so antsy.

But I have to remind myself that every year at this very shift in seasons I get the same un-pinpoint-able anxiety I got as a child, knowing the carelessness of Summer was gone and that I had to go back to school. I think that very feeling of change associated with the shift between Summer and Fall has been permanently triggered in me ever since.

But at least as an adult there's always a tremendous amount of openings and buzz about the city to aide one in feeling social, inspired and productive. In fact there's so much opening that I can't figure it all out. So if you hear of something good, drop me a comment.

Victoria Sambunaris at the Hermes Foundation Gallery, NYC
Opening Reception Tuesday, September 8, 6 - 8p

Allen Frame at Gitterman Gallery
Opening Reception Wednesday, September 9, 6 -8 p

Amy Stein at Clampart
Opening Reception Thursday, September 10, 6 - 8p

Todd Hido at Bruce Silverstein Gallery on 24th St
Opening Reception Thursday, September 10, 6 - 8p

Simen Johan at Yossi Milo Gallery
Opening Reception Thursday, September 10, 6 - 8p

Sally Mann at Gagosian Gallery
Opening Reception Tuesday, September 15, 6 -8p

Hellen Van Meene at Yancey Richardson Gallery
Opening Reception Thursday, September 17, 6 - 8p

No comments: