Friday, September 05, 2008

And with all this talk about our busy Fall calendar I thought I might finally bring up my own insanely busy Fall schedule (which I am very, very excited about). If you happen to be in China and in the Pingyao area I've heard this photo festival is not one to be missed. And if you happen to be in NY on the 12th, 23rd or 30th there are some great things going on as well. The SVA Alumni Society Auction is a great place to head on the 23rd if you are looking to hang some new work on your walls as well as give money to provide talented young SVA students with scholarships. Info for that event is listed below.

Live & Silent Auctions:
Tuesday, September 23, 6-9pm
Preview: September 12 - 20, 10am-6pm
Online catalog available now

(click to enlarge)


I looked on youtube just to see if I could find video of Pingyao because I keep hearing about how ancient and beautiful it is. Well I found this drum rehearsal for the Pingyao Internationsl Photo Festival. I cannot tell you how much I WISH I could be there for this. It's the most exciting thing in my photo career so far and it just feels surreal since I can't see it first hand!

No comments: