Thursday, October 07, 2010

Tent-Camera

Lovely

Opens tonight! Abelardo Morell- Groundwork
Bonni Benrubi Gallery
New York, New York
October 7 - December 18, 2010

Opening Reception Thursday, October 7, 6-8 pm


Tent-Camera Image on Ground: View of Jordan Pond and The Bubble Mountains.
Acadia National Park, Maine - March, 2010


"Recently, I began to wonder what it would be like to marry images of landscapes with the surface of the ground nearby. I have worked with my assistant, C.J. Heyliger, on designing a light proof tent that, via periscope type optics, makes it possible to project a view of the nearby landscape onto whatever ground is under the tent. Inside this darkened space I use a view camera to record the effect, which I think is a rather wonderful sandwich of two outdoor realities coming together. This Tent-Camera now liberates me to use camera obscura techniques in a world of new places. I now have a portable room, so to speak." - Abelardo Morell

No comments: