Friday, February 06, 2009

THINGS I DON'T WANT TO MISS
in the coming week...


I just got the news from my two lovely friends who collaborate on photo projects together as a married couple (Frank Tribble and Tracey Mancenido), that their work from the series Pillow Talk will be featured in this Sunday's New York Times. I think that's pretty darn sweet.


© Tribble / Mancenido

Also... a little heads up. I am excited to see Rachel Papo's new body of work over at ClampArt next Thursday. It's a project called Desperately Perfect and from what I've seen so far it looks pretty stunning.



Rachel Papo
FEB 12- MARCH 14TH
Reception: FEB 12th / 6p-8p

ClampArt
521 W 25th St
New York


And that same night just around the corner... another show I plan not to miss over at Yancey Richardson Gallery. The works of Rachel Perry Welty in the main gallery and Alex Prager in the project gallery both look quite intriguing.


© Rachel Perry Welty / Still from Karaoke Wrong Number, 2004


© Alex Prager / Annie, 2008

February 12 - March 28, 2009
"You May Already Be A Winner"
RACHEL PERRY WELTY

February 12 - March 28, 2009
"The Big Valley"
ALEX PRAGER

YANCEY RICHARDSON GALLERY
535 West 22nd Street 3rd floor
Reception: February 12 / 6p-8p

No comments: