Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I'm not sure if it's the season's shifting, the pollen in the air or the abundance of new experiences always unfolding in New York... but I have been having the strangest, detailed, off the wall dreams lately. I wake up and feel like I've been asleep for the duration of a movie that I'm the main character for. Sunday night's dream: being chased around my room by an enormous origami wolfe spider, made of bright yellow and black paper.... only to be left moments later on the stoop of a shotgun house in New Orleans while a small parade went by. In the dream all of us were much older than we are now. A friend of mine I hadn't seen in years came up and gave me a really big hug and said "we're all just getting older, aren't we".

Who knows.... but I'm enjoying it because I go most of the time unable to remember my dreams when I wake.

I looked up origami spiders just to see if there were any out there... and found this one made of dollar bills.

No comments: