Friday, September 21, 2007

I continue to get blown away when I see really romantic images of really awful events. Tim Hetherington has a lot of photographs of really heavy and horrific scenes where he's not too shy about shooting blood, turmoil and strife, however his photographs of Indonesia after the tsunami are a tad too beautiful for me. Check out his work here and here. I do however really enjoy some of the portraits he's made in Angola and Sierra Leone though they are a bit more heavy. I enjoy the story and weight of them.

Photographs pulled off of Panos.co.uk (link above).
Indonesia, Banda Aceh, Northern Sumatra.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

da miedo ver esas fotos, son la expresion acabada del desastre
Y,puede que lo que mas impresiona es la belleza de las mismas
¿ hay entonces belleza en el dolor?