Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Still completely giddy when I think of sharing wall space with Todd Hido and Alec Soth. (Yes I am a geek. A photo geek to be exact. So what.)

This week is turning out far better than many of the others that have recently passed. Not only was my hard drive recovered but I have the following news to share:

One can see installation shots of 'A New American Portrait' here but better yet... GO SEE THE SHOW while it's still up. It closes this Friday. Gallery hours are Noon-6pm, today, tomorrow and Friday.

J e n B e k m a n
6 Spring St
NYC 10012

Flack Photo is doing a feature on 'A New American Portrait' this week as well.


The Summer Portrait Salon Show 'Degrees of Separation' is open at PEER gallery. I have a piece in it and am excited about being a part of it. They do have Summer hours now:
*From AUGUST 18 THROUGH LABOR DAY, the gallery will be open BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.

*REOPENENING ON SEPTMBER 4 and from Tuesday, September 4 through Saturday, September 8 PEER Gallery will be OPEN UNTIL 8PM EACH NIGHT to celebrate the opening of the Fall gallery season.
A CLOSING PARTY is scheduled for Saturday, September 8, from 4pm to 8pm. Please try to join!

And last but not least...

I have my first assignment with New York Times Magazine that I am very excited about.

And I have a lovely commission on Monday in CT. Things are going well to say the least!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool, Amy! I'm especially excited to see the New York Times Magazine piece. Congratulations and best wishes!

kevin s faulkner said...

look out world...

ben said...

all well deserved Amy. i'm so happy for you.

illicracker said...

Yey! Here she comes!!! Woo Hoo!!

corrie said...

Girl's blowin' up. Congrats!