Monday, December 04, 2006

I met with my mentor Jimmy Moffat on Friday to look at work and talk about what is to unfold next. After talking about five or so ideas that were bubbling he looked right at me and said, "What it seems like you are interested in are ideas of identity and the loss of identity. Maybe because of what's going on with your dad." It's not the first time my portrait work had been connected with his situation... even when to me it seems to have nothing to do with it.

I left with that thought tickling me and went home to look at my work... my new experiments with light and form...

Empty Bed

1 comment:

bryce beverlin II said...

hey i checked out your blog after finding your 269 interval project. very interesting. i was doing this sort of thing a few years ago, but stopped because of crazy circumstances in my life. for some reason this evening i was looking on youtube and came across this guy's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjKl_En5kkI

and yours was just after it. it's cool to see that even ideas one thinks are original, that many people actually think of them and have done them. becoming aware of them and connecting with them is the beauty of the internet. a very small chance i would have known about yours or phil's project without this tool. we would have been isolated yet with similar thoughts. interesting.

i like your photo work too. i make much art, but not much photo. maybe sometime we could collaborate? i'm not sure how, but that's what brainstorming is for! i make music and a lot of text and some film. my webpage is at: http://www.insidesmusic.com/bryce if you're interested.

keep it up! i'll check back here to see what you're up to! send me an email if you like! peace, bryceXIX